(BPT) - The countdown is on! The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period ends Dec. 7, and it’s that time of year when you can change your Medicare plan (that is if you want to!). Now is the time to evaluate your current plan and see if it’s still a good fit.
This year, the top carriers have added several new benefits, making 2023 a good year to find a new Medicare Advantage plan. Here are just a few highlights from the nation’s top insurance carriers.
- National rollout of their UCard, which combines customers’ membership cards with their shopping benefit into one integrated card
- Up to $3,600 to spend on over-the-counter items, groceries, even utilities
- Enhanced dental benefits on 96% of their Medicare Advantage plans, which covers all non-cosmetic dental care including dentures and implants, and no out-of-pocket costs up to the annual coverage limit on most plans
- $0 co-pays when visiting your primary care doctor
- Cigna Healthy Today flex card will be available to all plans. The card combines additional benefits and incentives to earn money, up to $200, for wellness activities
- 25% more plans have the Part B premium rebate benefit, with up to $130 added back to a Medicare customer's Social Security check every month
- At least one $0 monthly premium Medicare Advantage plan in every market
- Health Option Allowance of up to $3,300 per year will be available for most Dual Medicare Advantage members to spend on things like rent, groceries, utilities, over-the-counter items and more
- 73% more plans that offer Part B premium giveback
- Comprehensive dental benefits on some plans with a yearly allowance of $500 or more
- 78% of new plans have $0 monthly premiums
- $0 monthly premiums, $0 or low co-pays for primary care physicians, and $0 lab and X-ray services on most MA plans
- Up to $1,000 Flex spending cards are available on many plans for dental, vision, and hearing benefits on some MA plans
- All Part D plans will include $0 tier 1 (most generic) drugs when filled at preferred pharmacies
- Amazon is now a preferred pharmacy provider
- Aetna Medicare Extra Benefits Card is a prepaid debit card for over-the-counter items, groceries, utilities and transportation
- 95% of MA plans will include dental benefits, which include preventive and comprehensive dental services and allows the member to choose any licensed dentist, in or out of network
- Healthy Rewards Program encourages plan members to improve their health and well-being by rewarding them with $150 or more on personalized activities
With so many new benefits for 2023, it may be overwhelming to choose which plan is right for you. The caring, licensed agents at ClearMatchTM Medicare are patient and helpful, and will check to see if plans with these new benefits are available in your area. And, if they find you are already in a great plan, they’ll tell you so. If you’d like help, call 1-888-921-1286 (TTY:711) for a free Medicare review, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (ET) or visit ClearMatchMedicare.com, open 24-7.